Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Math




I've loved our Math programs.

I started with Horizons two years ago and like it.  A lot of it seems fairly easy, but I've found that it builds my boys confidence.  It slowly introduces new concepts while going back to ones already learned for consistent review.

When Makenna came home last year, I looked into different curriculum again and decided to go with Teaching Textbooks.  I love that it teaches the lesson and grades each assignment AND test for me.  I get to go back through their scores as often as I'd like to see how they're doing. 

After I decided to go with Teaching Textbooks for Makenna, I had Ben take some of the placement tests (just for fun) and ended up putting him in level 3 for 2nd grade.  He loved it more than me.

So, I use Horizons for Kindergarten and 1st grade and then switch to Teaching Textbooks for 2nd grade (with Level 3). 

I try to leave myself open to changes, who knows if we'll keep liking what we use, but for now we're very happy.

Leah

If you want to check out more of our curriculum, visit our curriculum outline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...