Wednesday, May 1, 2013

World Penguin Day

Last Thursday was World Penguin day and we celebrated by watching a few short videos on YouTube (done by BBC, they were AWESOME!) and working through a few projects. 

The kids favorite, by far, were these little penguin guys.  I love that each of my kids put their own spin on every activity they do. 

This is Josh's picture and I have to say, I'm pretty proud of him.  At 3, he traced my pattern, cut out all the pieces and glued it together all on his own.  He's definitely my most independent child (I hope it stays a good thing).


James loves to do whatever everyone else around him is doing.  He followed the pattern pretty close, until he saw Makenna making a baby penguin and then he had to get in on that action too.


Ben walks to the beat of his own drummer.  He's not in your face about wanting to do things his own way (like Josh), but if you give him the chance, he'll take any project in a direction that never would've occurred to me.  These are his ghost penguins (I guess you don't really need feet when you're a ghost).


Then there's Makenna.  She takes any project and makes it better.  Does more than required (especially when it comes to any sort of art) and it always turns out adorable.  I had already taken a picture of her penguins when she asked for a second one showing how the baby sat on it's daddy's feet.  I couldn't help put this one up instead, you can see how excited she was.


We hope you had a fantastic World Penguin Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...