Friday, May 10, 2013

Temple Hopping and Yummy Restaurants

Over the last few months, we've been getting together with some friends once a month to visit all the temples in our state.  For many of you, that might mean lots of long drives (or not so many if there's only one or two temples), but I live in Utah and am blessed to live within an hour of several temples.

As part of our temple excursion, we also try to find a little (aka: often hole in the wall) restaurant to try out.  We've done some looking on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and asked around and have ended up at some pretty good places.

Last month, we went up to Brigham City (beautiful temple, one of my top two Utah favorites so far) and stopped by Daddy D's.  Seriously amazing. 


This is the Hot Mess.  What is a Hot Mess, you might ask?  Well, it's a square glazed donut with a bacon cheeseburger inside.  Yes, you heard me right.  Yes, it does sound strange.  And yes, it is awesome. 

Do you see the plastic in both top corners of the photo?  Those are gloves.  I'm pretty sure any meal that requires the use of gloves has got to be good.   


Here's my good friend demonstrating how to go about eating your yummy Hot Mess. 

I kept taking a bite, tasting the donut and thinking, "Yum, this is so good."  Then, I'd taste the bacon cheeseburger section and think, "Man, this is so good."  After which, I'd stop and think something along the lines of, "This is so strange, but seriously good."  And I pretty much did that with every single bite.

There's a lot more to the menu, like a grilled cheese burger which uses two full grilled cheese sandwiches for the buns, with your patty in the middle.  Not to mention, TONS of deep fried desserts (my husband is of the philosophy that everything is better fried and Daddy D's seems willing to put it to the test).  If you're ever up near Harrisville, you should stop by and check it out.

We're always on the lookout for good places and if you know one in Utah, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...