Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Sharing Time - Prophets Teach Us to Live the Restored Gospel

This month we get to spend 1-2 weeks learning about prophets, who they are, why and how to follow them and then another 2-3 weeks talking about specific principles we can follow.

Elder Kevin R. Duncan of the Seventy said, "We all must learn that the only sure and secure road to protection in this life comes through trusting in and obeying the counsel from the prophets of God."

We are so blessed to know about and have access to modern day revelation.  In fact, we don't just "have access," we are commanded to listen and then to receive our own revelation confirming the truths our prophetic leaders teach.  This is an amazing principle.

In our primary this month, we will also be focusing on our new Armor of God piece.


We will be learning how we can walk where the prophets ask with our "feet shod with the preparation of the gospel (Ephesians 6:15)."  This is so very perfect for me as I'm all about being prepared.  I love the gospel and the more I learn, the more I submerse myself in it's teachings through study and practice the happier I am.  Although happy isn't quite a strong enough word.  I feel joy, peace and a quiet assurance that I'm headed in at least the right general direction.  It is a wonderful feeling that I try very hard to keep as much as possible.

I'm excited to teach my primary children this month.  To show them my love and hopefully their Father in Heaven's love for his prophets.  For the wonderful principles they teach and the gifts that come from following in their footsteps.

Like last month, I have a few articles I've printed out and am trying to get read this week, both to increase my learning and to get me pumped for teaching this inspired topic.

Our Very Survival, by Elder Kevin R. Duncan of the Seventy

Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet, by President Ezra Taft Benson of the Quorum of the Twelve

Obedience to the Prophets, by Elder Claudio R. M. Costa of the Seventy

Give Heed unto the Prophets' Words, by Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Joshua 24:24 says, "And the people said unto Joshua, The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey."  Christ has also said that by His voice or the voice of His servants, it is the same.  The prophets' voices are equal in weight to our Saviors.  Equal weight!!!  I've said it before, but I can't help but say is one more time, we are so very blessed.

Have a wonderful month!

PS. You can read more specific ideas for your Sharing Time for weeks 1 & 2 here.  I'll post ideas for following weeks the Monday before each Sharing Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...