Monday, May 6, 2013

Family Tree

I just wanted some videos on youtube about geneology and family history.  No, they're not boring.  They involve kids (who are never boring) being asked questions.  You never know what a kid is going to say and it makes for some pretty amazing cute-ness.

We're going to use one (or a few) of these short videos in an upcoming Family Home Evening lesson, but I wanted to tell you just a little about one of the videos.  When asked what a family tree was, one cute little girl said it was like a Christmas tree. 

In an instant I was overwhelmed with the picture of a Christmas tree full of twinkling lights.  I love lots of lights on my Christmas tree.  Lots and lots of beautiful lights.  Then, I thought of what happens when one light breaks.  When one little part of the strand stops working.  The lights stop from that point on.  And all of a sudden, I had tears in my eyes.  One light.  One person lost.  Lost.

Now, I know there are newer light strands that just keep right on working with only that one light out.  But didn't Christ leave the 99 to find the 1?  Oh my heavens.  I really need to learn how to do family history.  Has anyone else ever felt like this?  Did you figure it all out.  I know I can, I just have to start.  That's all there is to it. 

I've got to get my Christmas tree as twinkle-ey as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...