Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Awesome

I'm not sure how it happened, but somewhere, sometime, awesome became my go to word.  I try really hard not to use it every time it pops into my head, because, well, that would be sort of crazy.

Here are some of the ways and meanings I find useful when using the word awesome.

awesome: This is so awe-inspiringly amazing.  A few years ago we had the opportunity to go to the Grand Canyon (actually, I think it was just last year...man, time is speeding up!) and standing near the edge, looking at all the beauty and wonder brought the word awesome to mind. 

awesome: I'm so excited and feel sort of like a giddy teenager (yes, this still happens...sometimes).  It's usually something small that brings this awesome-ness out, like when my husband surprises me with flowers and I want to jump up and down while clapping my hands with a huge grin on my face.  After I give him a big fat kiss, that is.

awesome: Used with slight (and sometimes not so slight) sarcasm it means to exact opposite of anything related to the word awesome.  This might be when my wonderful child spills his entire cup of juice all over the floor after I've told him to be careful and watch out for his cup somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 times.

awesome: When I'm in shock, I'll often say awesome over and over just because I can't think of anything else to say and this is always the first word to pop into my head.  When I first was asked to be over the primary children in our church, I'm pretty sure I said awesome 5 to 10 times.  Steve (my husband) was asked after I'd fled to our car if that meant I was excited or something else because I'd confused the leaders of our ward (church).

So, basically, I use the word awesome when I'm confused, inspired, excited and upset.  Yep, that's a lot. 

Do you have a go to word?  I bet if you think about it, even if you don't use it quite as much as I do, you can probably think of something you say pretty regularly.  If you think of one, I'd love to hear it (as long as it's clean...pretty please!).

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...