Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lists

I am a list maker.  Have you ever heard someone say something along the lines of if it isn't on a list, it doesn't get done?  I'm that person.

Most of the time, I love my lists.  A lot.  Every once in a while I sort of have a subconscious revolt against all my lists.  I say subconscious because I don't sit down and decide to stop making lists, I just do it and then later (as things aren't getting done and I'm getting frustrated), I realize I haven't been making lists.

Maybe I start to get cocky and think I don't need my lists.  Except I really do.  Even though I have started to use the calendar on my phone to remind me of just about everything I need to do, there are still a TON of things that don't have a specific due date.  Which makes it a little harder to put on a calendar.

I know there are list apps out there by the dozen, but I'm sort of old school.  My very favorite list making equipment include my trust ball point pen (pencils smear too much) and yellow lined post-it paper
 
The post-it paper is perfect.  It's not too big (so my lists can't get out of control) and I can literally stick them anywhere (they're not lying).  So I can see my lists sitting out reminding me of the things I need to get done over and over during the day. 
 
A few weeks ago, I thought it might be fun to sit down Monday mornings, make out my list and share it with you, but I kept waiting to have my full, complete list and that never happens.  I don't just have that one list that I can get done and everything is finished for the week.  It seems that for every item I cross off, something else comes up that I need to add to my list. 

So, I given up on having the perfect all inclusive list.  Although, I am still going to include the things I've already gotten done, just so I can see them crossed off...it's more fun that way.

1. Calls
     - Blue and Gold banquet set up & sign up
     - Primary child baptism info
2. Organize Primary spotlight notebook
3. Organize Primary binder (it's always a mess after Sunday)
4. Help James get his talk ready for Sunday
5. Email Harmony (who I homeschool/independent study through for reimbursement purposes)
6. Add poetry books to Amazon wish list (I'm going to post about this later)
7. Start family picture wall
8. Work on temple picture wall
9. Get star type memorization ready
     - Find pictures
     - Type up characteristics
10. Print Picky Palate recipe
11. Go through The Parenting Breakthrough list with Steve
     - Type up list in check-off format
12. Get tithing ready to pay
13. Talk to Activity Day leaders about annual calendar/budget
14. Talk to Cub Scout leaders about budget
15. Pick out St. Patricks Day crafts/activities to do

I will admit that sometimes, I'll add things to my list just so I can cross them off (doesn't everyone do that?) and other times, if a single item is taking too long, I'll break it into sections so I can feel like I'm making progress.

How do you keep track of all your To Do's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...