Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Birthday James

I have friends who cry and bemoan their kids growing up...it's not something I've ever really understood.  Well, until recently. 


I still don't bemoan.  I'm more excited for them than anything.  I love to watch them learn and grow and become their own person.


It's pretty amazing. 


Lately, though, I've started having these strange little twinges.  I want to hold them a little closer.  Squeeze them and sort of not let them go just a little more often.


It's hard to believe that one day, there's a pretty good chance, most (if not all) of my children will be bigger than me. 


They'll be grown-ups (hopefully) and then they'll want to move out and not ever move back in (hopefully).


See, that's just it, I'm doing my best to teach my kids to be independent so that they will not only be able to live on their own, but they'll want to.


But, then they'll leave, which I'm both excited and sad about. 


Thankfully, it'll be a while until that happens and in the mean time, I'll do my best to treasure and love them.  They're pretty amazing.  Happy 6th Birthday James!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...